8/28/12

With 5 Rehearsals To Go


Last Saturday, before rehearsal, I was helping Henry prepare our yard for the first annual Edible Garden Tour. (hosted by Slow Food Santa Cruz

As Henry showed our beautiful garden to 60 or so folks I was off to the Santa Cruz Senior Center on Market Street for the 5th to last rehearsal of this year's Santa Cruz Follies - 'Copacabana Finale'.

This time I danced and sang from 10:30 in the morning to 3:00 in the afternoon. Yes, we are still implementing new changes in the choreography.

This is my first time to perform in the Follies and I am so enamored with how nice, welcoming and encouraging everyone has been. It kind of boggles my mind...I have not performed for 30 years.

On Sunday we had a Cast Party where we got to preview the show. The previous Saturday was our first Dress Rehearsal and it was recorded for us. This was a terrific opportunity to laugh at ourselves, see how fantastic we are doing and where we still need to improve.

Wow! What great costumes! What fabulous voices! How funny Richard Stockton, our MC, is! Oh, did I mention the dancing? At the Copacabana the showgirls were referred to as Ponies. So yes, I am a Pony.

Professional Dancer in Puerta Vallarta
If you haven't gotten your tickets yet I highly encourage you to do so.
Not only is it super entertainment, but it supports the center which is really active in our community.
Where are the tickets?: I always have tickets on me, at Water Star Motors, from any other cast member or from the Senior Center on Market (831-423-6640 - $20)